Thursday, November 8, 2012

Holiday Gift Ideas -- for the Pittsburgh Sports Fan

Christmas is fast approaching, and I thought I would pass along some ideas for Christmas gifts for your family, friends, and co-workers.  Every year, I know I struggle coming up with something for everyone, so here are some ideas for all those Pittsburgh Sports Fans in your life..
 
I have spent a lot of time consoling my husband on the fate of his beloved Pittsburgh Pirates over the years. 
 
So why not give your Pirates fans a reminder of the good old days? 
 
I have created two large paintings of Bill Mazeroski and Roberto Clemente, two of the greats.  The Clemente painting can be paired with the 8x10 portrait entitled "Reflections of Roberto." (I'm actually going to write a post detailing my process throughout working on both the large Clemente painting and the portrait. So stay tuned!)

Remembering Roberto Clemente

Reflections of Roberto
 

The great thing about the Bill Mazeroski prints is that he signed every single one.  He was amazingly generous with his time. 

When I first met Bill and his wife, Milene, they told me that their favorite part of the painting was the celebration panel at the bottom.  This was because when they met for their first date, they met under Kaufmann's Clock (which is included in that panel).  They actually owned a copy of "Meet me Under Kaufmann's Clock" before I even met them!

Mazeroski's Magical Moment
 

Speaking of "Consol"-ing (I know, I know, terrible pun), what about those hockey fans lamenting the potential loss of their season?  Cheer them up with a hockey inspired Christmas.  I have painted both the Civic Arena and Consol Energy Center. 

Hockey Fever at Mellon Arena

Pittsburgh's New Home for Hockey
 

For Pittsburgh Steelers fans, I have a special surprise.  However, you'll have to wait a little bit longer before I can officially announce it. 

In the meantime, check out my painting of Heinz Field.  I wanted to capture the total Steeler football experience including the crowds, the rivers, and the cold (sometimes stormy) Pittsburgh sky.  This image is also available in card, mug, and magnet form.

Game Day at Heinz Field
 
 
That wraps it up for the first addition of Holiday Gift Ideas!  Pair any of these suggestions with game tickets, jerseys, t-shirts, bumper stickers, or bobble heads and I'm sure you'll be able to check off a couple of gifts from your to-buy-list.
 

1 comment: