Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Out and About – A Very Artsy Weekend

A good time at The Pink Pamper event
On Saturday night, I appeared at The Pink Pamper event (a women-helping-women fundraiser) at Macy's in South Hills Village Mall, where I signed my new Kaufmann's Clock piece from Wendell August Forge.   Once again, W.A.F. has done an amazing job creating my artwork on metal!  I also introduced my new ornaments for Christmas 2013 – Three new Pittsburgh ornaments and three new Kennywood ornaments will soon be available on my website, http://LindaBarnicott.com.
 
This weekend I also enjoyed the perfect weather (always great for an outdoor show!) and visited the Shadyside Arts Festival , where I’m thinking of exhibiting next year.  I was impressed with how many national artists were participating, and several of the artists were local friends and colleagues.

"A Snowy Evening at the Benedum"
Finally, I want to share a special story with you… last week, I received a phone call from Jean, whose son had found my artwork on the Internet.  Her birthday was coming up, and her family wanted to buy her one of my original paintings of a memory they all shared with her and her husband.  Each year, they would travel downtown to the Benedum as a family and see the shows.  This created a lifelong love of the theater, and now they share this love with their children.  Jean was thrilled to take home this one-of-a-kind painting and hang it in a space where she will enjoy it every day.
 
My originals are very special to me.  Though there are many prints of the Benedum, there is only one original.  They are vibrant and alive, with a look all their own.  I often tell clients who visit my studio, "My originals get to live here until they find a happy home."

No comments:

Post a Comment